America in all its Glory
What a gorgeous shot of Mabry Mill in the Blue Ridge Mountains (Virginia). Such a peaceful, serene setting.
Sitting on the edge of the water. Taking a worm and baiting it on the hook of a line that is attached to a long, thin tree branch. Gently "cast" the line into the water. Now to sit quietly, watching the dragonflies skip across the surface of the calm water. Listening to the frogs calling to one another. All the thoughts of your daily life are no longer with you - all you are thinking about at this moment is the beauty of the trees, where they simply meld into the banks of the water.
Who cares if you ever get a nibble on your line. Just to enjoy this moment that you will never live again. That is life!
Every crime committed by an illegal immigrant should never have happened!!!
Read my posting under Illegal Immigrants.
A quote from President Theodore Roosevelt addressed on immigration in 1907:
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American ... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Andy Rooney's: "Lessons I have Learned form Life"
* That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
* That when you're in love, it shows.
* That just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day.
* That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
* That being kind is more important than being right.
* That you should never say no to a gift from a child.
* That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
* That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
* That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
* That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.
* That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
* That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
* That money doesn't buy class.
* That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
* That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
* That the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
* That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
* That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
* That love, not time, heals all wounds.
* That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
* That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
* That there's nothing sweeter than sleeping with your babies and feeling their breath on your cheeks.
* That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
* That life is tough, but I'm tougher.
* That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
* That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
* That I wish I could have told my Dad that I love him one more time before he passed away.
* That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
* That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
* That I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.
* That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.
* That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all then happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
* That it is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation.
* That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.